SQL Error Messages
Error messages, how they are caused and what can be done about them.
- Error 1140 Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT(),...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause
- Msg 147 An aggregate may not appear in the WHERE clause unless it is in a subquery contained in a HAVING clause or a select list, and the column being aggregated is an outer reference.
- IMsg 8120 Column 'xxx' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause. (SQL-42000)
- SQL0120N A WHERE clause, GROUP BY clause, SET clause, or SET transition-variable statement contains a column function.
- SQL0119N An expression starting with "xxx" specified in a SELECT clause, HAVING clause, or ORDER BY clause is not specified in the GROUP BY clause or it is in a SELECT clause, HAVING clause, or ORDER BY clause with a column function and no GROUP BY clause is specified. SQLSTATE=42803