Difference between revisions of "SQL Tutorial"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 22:02, 1 June 2012
Interactive SQL tutorial, learn about: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Mimer, PostgreSQL, SQLite and Access.
- 0) SELECT basics
- Some simple queries to get you started
- 1) SELECT from BBC
- In which we query the BBC country profile table.
- 2) SELECT from Nobel
- Additional practice of the basic features using a table of Nobel Prize winners.
- 3) SELECT in SELECT tutorial
- In which we form queries using other queries.
- 4) SUM and COUNT
- In which we apply aggregate functions. [more the same]
- 5) JOIN
- In which we join two tables; ttms and country. [previously music tutorial]
- 6) More JOIN operations
- In which we join actors to movies in the Movie Database.
- 7) Using Null
- In which we look at teachers in departments. [previously Scottish Paliament]
- 8) Self join
- In which we join Edinburgh bus routes to Edinburgh bus routes.
Reference Section: how to...
- 1) SELECT
- How to read the data from a database.
- 2) CREATE and DROP
- How to create tables, indexes, views and other things. How to get rid of them.
- 3) INSERT and DELETE
- How to put records into a table, change them and how to take them out again.
- 4) DATE and TIME
- How to work with dates; adding, subtracting and formatting.
- 5) Functions
- How to use string functions, logical functions and mathematical functions.
- 6) Users
- How to create users, GRANT and DENY access, get at other peoples tables. How to find processes and kill them.
- 7) Meta Data
- How to find out what tables and columns exist. How to count and limit the rows return.
- SQL User Manuals
- [ Mimer | MySQL | Oracle | SQL Server | Access | DB2 | Sybase | Postgres | SQLite ]
- Online copies of implementation specific user manuals.
- Starting SQL
- [ MySQL | Oracle | SQL Server | DB2 | Postgres | Ingres ]
- How to connect to the server and execute SQL statements.
- Programming with SQL
- [ SQL in perl on the Web | SQL from Java ]
- SQL standard
- [ SQL92 BNF ]
- Error Messages
- Some error messages from SQL engines